We do not and will not share your personally identifiable information with any other companies, individuals, or organizations that would target you with offers or promotions that are not directly related to Dinettes Unlimited, Inc. Furthermore, you will always have the option to opt out of any promotions we might offer directly.
We feel it's important that you understand exactly what our policy is regarding your privacy. The following paragraphs describe in detail exactly what kinds of information we collect, when, and why. This policy applies generally to all our interactions with you, our valued customers, but specifically to the use of our websites DinettesUnlimited.com and Shop.DinettesUnlimited.com.
We are absolutely committed to keeping your personal information confidential. We value the information you provide us, and want to assure you that protecting your privacy is one of our highest priorities. This commitment is outlined in the paragraphs below.
Types of information collected
There are three types of information we collect:
Anonymous information is any information that cannot be used to identify you. We use this information to track navigation through the website, which pages and areas of the site are most popular, and what other websites may have referred you to us. We also keep information on what specific web browsers our customers are using to help make sure the sites work properly for everyone.
Personally identifiable information is sensitive information that can be used to identify you. This includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, shipping address, and phone numbers. Some of the features on our website require that you provide us information about yourself. If you place an order, for example, we obviously need to know where to ship it. This information is collected only when you provide it to us by filling out a form on our website. You can review and update any such information at any time. When you provide us your personal information, you consent to the information practices described in this policy.
Critical information is things like credit card numbers and other payment information, the things you are probably - and should be - most worried about. We only collect this sort of information when it is actually needed, and it is never saved on the server. Historical records of past sales are kept for your convenience, but these critical pieces are only saved in an abbreviated form that should mean something to you (to identify which card or account you used for a particular order), but no one else. This is an industry standard practice that we fully support.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you respond to communications from us (such as e-mails), register on the site, place an order, enter contests or other special events we may offer from time to time.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, shipping address, phone numbers, credit card information and/or other information. You are, however, quite welcome to view the site anonymously (without logging in or even creating an account).
How do we use the information you provide?
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we will use that information to enhance your experience in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To comply with valid legal procedures, requirements, regulations, and statutes.
Interaction with children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 on our website. You must be 18 years of age to use our website.
Automatically collected information
We save some sorts of information based on your interaction with our website. This allows us to process your inquiries more efficiently, and ultimately, give you better customer service. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your IP (Internet Protocol) address while you are viewing the website.
- The name of any referring websites (such as search engines).
- The type and version of web browser you are using.
- Your activity on our website. By tracking this type of information, we can modify our content and product displays to enhance your experience here.
This information is used only to make our website more useful to you. We never try and use such information to identify individual users or their usage habits. Data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only. This information is never shared with any third party except as needed to maintain the site or as required by law in unusual circumstances.
Information collected for tracking purposes (cookies)
We do not presently share anonymous information with any third parties whatsoever.
- We have your explicit consent when asked, such as to participate in some particular promotion involving a third party.
- Consent is implied when placing an order for us to share your name, phone number, and delivery address with third parties so that they may in fact deliver your order. You are also giving your consent for us to communicate whatever information is required to other third parties to process your order. This includes, but is not limited to, vendors, suppliers, payment processors, etc.
- If you have established an account with us, we may share your information among other other branches of our own company such as our retail stores, offices, other websites we operate, etc. The purpose of this is to provide you with a seamless experience when shopping with us, and to assist you more quickly in case you have questions or require additional service of any sort, both before and after any purchases you may make.
- If and when we believe we are required to do so by law.
- Should another company acquire all or substantially all of the assets of our business, we reserve the right to include any or all stored information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
We will never request your password, user name, or other personally identifiable information through e-mail. This sort of thing is almost always a phishing scam perpetrated by others on the Internet designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail message that looks like it is from us asking for your password or other personal information, do not respond. If in doubt, please feel free to contact us about it through the website or by phone.
We strive to take all appropriate security measures to protect our sites, offices, and your information against unauthorized access. Our servers are protected by industry standard firewalls and other security systems. The server running this site in particular is located in a highly secure data facility. We constantly maintain all our systems with available security updates as they become available. We use industry standard encryption on all pages of the site in which sensitive information is asked for. In addition, we do not store your critical credit card or other payment information on our servers at all. Such information only exists on the server for the short time that is needed to process your order. It is not saved or logged in any way. We are fully compliant with the PCI Data Security Standard and only deal with well known, established processing agents.
California privacy rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of California Civil Code, a California resident with whom we have established a business relationship has the right to request from us certain information with respect to the types of personally identifiable information we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties, and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared information during the immediately preceding calendar year. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to:
Dinettes Unlimited, Inc.
2156 51st Street
Sarasota, FL 34234
You may opt-out of any of our services and promotions at any time. Just click the My account link to adjust your settings as desired. We are not currently engaging in any sort of email campaigns, however rest assured that if we do, you will only get them if you want them. We are here to serve you, not harass you!
Questions and concerns
Please contact us if you have comments, concerns, or specific questions about these policies, or you feel something is either posted incorrectly here or you find it objectionable. We can't fix or change things if nobody tells us there's a problem.